This Schools Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprenticeship ensures that all practitioners have the appropriate skills and qualifications to carry out the Learning Mentor role.
The Level 3 Schools Apprenticeship programme is credited by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. Following the successful completion of this apprenticeship, participants will have the opportunity to complete the Level 4 Learning Mentor Training Programme which is accredited by the University of Greenwich, and upon successful completion students will have achieved 60 credits at Level 4.
In addition to the training days participants will be invited to attend enhancement days covering: mental health first aid, creative ways of working with bereaved children, keeping children safe online and youth culture and gangs.
Participants will be able to:
- Champion the role of Learning Mentor in schools and other educational settings by having a good understanding of the principles, values and legislation underpinning Learning Mentor practice
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with children, young people, their families and other professionals
- Discuss and be able to implement a range of strategies for keeping children and young people safe
- Identify and implement a range of strategies for effective multi-agency working, whilst championing the Learning Mentor role across all services
- Reflect on and identify areas for continued development of their role as a Learning Mentor
Sessions 1 and 2 will be held via Zoom and will be 1hr 30 minutes long. We are planning for all delivery in the Autumn term to be held online so sessions 3-5 will be shorter webinar sessions and sessions 6-12 will be full day sessions from 9:30 am – 15:30 pm. These timings may change and we will be reviewing this as the coronavirus pandemic progresses.
Lunch is not provided so participants will need to ensure they bring their own.
- Session 1: (Induction part 1) Thursday 24 September 2020
- Session 2: (Induction part 1) Friday 25 September 2020
- Session 3: Thursday 15 October 2020
- Session 4: Thursday 12 November 2020
- Session 5: Thursday 3 December 2020
- Session 6: Thursday 21 January 2021
- Session 7: Thursday 25 February 202
- Session 8: Thursday 25 March 2021
- Session 9: Thursday 29 April 2021
- Session 10: Thursday 20 May 2021
- Session 11: Thursday 17 June 2021
- Session 12: Thursday 8 July 2021
This programme will run for 10 months from September 2020 to July 2021.
Participants will also need some school release time to undertake Learning Mentor work during the year.
Sign up and cost
To register for our 2020-21 cohort here.
Price: All training costs are covered through the apprenticeship levy.