This Schools Level 3 Learning Mentor Apprenticeship ensures that all practitioners have the appropriate skills and qualifications to carry out the Learning Mentor role.
The Level 3 Schools Apprenticeship programme is credited by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education. Following the successful completion of this apprenticeship, participants will have the opportunity to complete the Level 4 Learning Mentor Training Programme which is accredited by the University of
Greenwich, and upon successful completion students will have achieved 60 credits at Level 4.
In addition to the training days participants will be invited to attend enhancement days covering: mental health first aid, creative ways of working with bereaved children, keeping children safe online and youth culture and gangs.
Participants will be able to:
- Champion the role of Learning Mentor in schools and other educational settings by having a good understanding of the principles, values and legislation underpinning Learning Mentor practice
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with children, young people, their families and other professionals
- Discuss and be able to implement a range of strategies for keeping children and young people safe
- Identify and implement a range of strategies for effective multi-agency working, whilst championing the Learning Mentor role across all services
- Reflect on and identify areas for continued development of their role as a Learning Mentor
This programme will run for 9 months from September 2020 to June 2021.
Sign up and cost
To register for our 2020-21 cohort here.
Price: All training costs are covered through the apprenticeship levy.