The alliance is now an appropriate body for both early years, primary and secondary NQTs and offers an accompanying Primary NQT Induction Programme.
Our offer includes:
- Simple reporting and communication procedures using the NQT Manager system
- A pool of experienced NQT Induction Tutors who can offer expertise and advice to colleagues new to the mentoring role and NQTs
- Quality assurance of your school’s NQT offer
- Administration and liaison with the Teaching Agency and DfE as appropriate;
- An annual Induction Tutor briefing (attendance is obligatory for all participating schools)
- Telephone and email support
- Tailored consultancy support and advice for NQTs at risk of failing
Primary NQT Induction Programme
The programme consists of six afternoon sessions and six twilights. Schools can sign NQTs up for the whole afternoon, or just the first session, depending on their interests and professional development needs.
All sessions will be held via Zoom until further notice.
Date: Wednesday 7 October 2020
Afternoon session: Enabling effective behaviour for learning
Twilight session: Effective Early Years practice
Date: Wednesday 25 November 2020
Afternoon session: Formative assessment (including marking and feedback)
Twilight session: Challenge for all in a mixed achieving classroom
Date: Wednesday 27 January 2021
Afternoon session: Meeting the needs of special needs pupils
Twilight session: DT
Date: Wednesday 17 March 2021
Afternoon session: Teaching early writing / Developing writing at KS2
Twilight session: PE
Date: Wednesday 5 May 2021
Afternoon session: Developing early mathematical thinking / Developing mathematical thinking at KS2
Twilight session: Philosophy
Date: Wednesday 16 June 2021
Afternoon session: Teaching early reading / Developing reading at KS2
Twilight session: RE
If you are new to being an NQT Mentor we would be happy to match you with one of our Lead Mentors to receive some personalised support. If you would be interested in receiving one-to-one coaching please complete this short form and we will be in touch.
Sign up and cost
Registrations for our 2020-21 cohort are now closed
NQT Appropriate Body service only: £270 per NQT
NQT Professional Development Programme: £200 per NQT
Members receive a 20% discount on professional development programme costs only.