Stepping Into Leadership
Stepping Into Leadership
This DfE funded programme aims to equip BAME teachers with the leadership skills, personal confidence and professional networks to make a successful applications for promotion. The programme Is led By Diana Osagie (CEO, Courageous Leadership), the programme offers high quality relevant learning for BAME teachers, opportunities to connect with successful, inspiring BAME leaders and access to a local network of BAME leaders that will continue beyond programme end.
Participants will benefit from a two day residential event, hear from a diverse range of successful BAME leaders from within and beyond education, get support to analyse structured 360 feedback, receive one-to-one coaching with BAME coach and have opportunities to shadow BAME headteachers.
Session themes across a series of twilights will be responsive to participants’ wants and needs but are likely to include:
- Vision and values
- Authenticity in leadership
- Exploring personal/work motives
- The value of BAME leaders in schools – including exploration of the ‘pastoral siphoning’ of BAME teachers
- Approaches to networking
- Leading and empowering others
A complementary training session for governors, headteachers and business managers on unconscious bias will also be offered.
- Launch event – 16.00-19.15, Friday 16 November 2018 at Main hall, Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College, Jerningham Road, London SE14 5NY
- Residential – 16.30-19.30, Friday 23 & 08.30-14.00, Saturday 24 November 2018 (including overnight stay) at Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome, 680 Purley Way, Croydon CR9 4LT
- Twilight session 1 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 11 December 2018 at Sedgehill School, Sedgehill Road, London SE6 3QN
- Twilight session 2 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 8 January 2019, Lambeth Academy, Elms Rd SW, London SW4 9ET
- Twilight session 3 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 12 February 2019, Albion Primary School, Albion St, SE16 7JD
- Twilight session 4 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 5 March 2019, Hollydale Primary School, Hollydale Rd, SE15 2AR
- Mid-point event – 17.00-20.00, Thursday 7 March 2019, The Stephen Lawrence Centre, 39 Brookmill Rd, London SE8 4HU, The Stephen Lawrence Centre, 39 Brookmill Rd, SE8 4HU
- Twilight session 5 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 26 March 2019, The Charter School North Dulwich, Red Post Hill, Herne Hill, London SE24 9JH
- Twilight session 6 – 16.30-18.30, Tuesday 30 April 2019, Angel Oak Academy, Burcher Gale Grove, London SE15 6FL
- Celebration event – 16.30-20.30, Tuesday 2 July 2019, The Shard, 32 London Bridge St, London SE1 9SG
To express your interest in our 2019-20 cohort, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org